The Age Manager has one of the most important roles in Little Athletics. They are responsible for the caring and nurturing of our young athletes. Their role is to provide a supportive environment in which athletes can learn and develop. An athlete’s enjoyment of the sport will depend upon their experience at their local Little Athletics Centre and Age Managers have the ability to ensure that this experience is a positive one.
We appreciate that Age Managers are volunteers and thank them for taking on this significant role. It is a role that can be as rewarding as it is essential.
At SDAC our Age Managers are responsible for the following duties:
- Collect your age group folder from the Age Manager wheelie drawers near the Canteen. Check that you have the correct forms for each week’s events.
- At 8.30am comp begins. Use the timetable to see where and when your age group events take place.
- With the assistance of parents, guide your group through their events. Encourage and support each child to correctly throw, jump, run & walk. Let us know if you need a hand with technique, rules, anything at all. There are some great event info sheets available here as well as the Guide for Age Managers at the bottom of this page.
- Please ensure that results are being correctly recorded on the blank sheets. You will need to enter this data to our Results website by midnight Sunday night. These result sheets are returned to the club the following week, placed in the Age Manager wheelie drawer labelled “Results”. It is essential that result forms are returned in case of website troubles, discrepancies, errors or athlete queries. Many Age Managers take a photo of the original results and use this to enter on their home pc rather than taking the sheet home.
- If your group is on pack up of an event, please ensure that your allocated pack up is done.
During the season useful information will be placed on this page. If you have any suggestions please let us know. We hope the following link/s are helpful: